- Age Range: Under 12
- Recomended Experience Level:
- Learn to Curl Coordinator: Tony Benoit (Click to Contact)
- What to Bring:
1. Please bring CLEAN, INDOOR sneakers. Shoes worn outside, including from the parking lot to the rink, will not be permitted on the ice.
2. Wear comfortable pants with some stretch; jeans are not recommended.
3. Wear warm, layered clothing. The temperature in the ice shed is approximately 3 Celsius.
Safety is important so head protection (eg. a helmet) is required for ages 12 and under.
Curl Moncton will provide everything else needed: brooms, rocks, tape for shoe slider.
It is designed to teach basic skills and knowledge of curling to any new curler or curler trying curling for the first time.
This level of the program would teach the following:
- The technical skills necessary to deliver a curling stone (half sheet and full sheet depending on age or skill
- The technical skills of sweeping a curling stone
- How to score a curling game
- The etiquette of the game
- Player positions and responsibilities
- How to play a game with some basic strategy pointers