League Members List Cover

It is with heavy hearts and great disappointment that the Curl Moncton Board announces its decision to end the curling season effective immediately.  This was a very difficult decision for the Board to make and it only came after lengthy discussion exhausting every possible alternative.  

At a press conference on Thursday, February 4 Minister Shepherd stated that a return to the Yellow alert level (where regular play could resume) is not an option at this time.  While Zone 1 (Moncton and region) is expected to revert to Orange early next week, it is expected that the entire province will remain at the Orange alert level for the foreseeable future.  Curl Moncton cannot afford to operate the ice plant at the Orange level for an extended period of time; the minimal revenue generated will not offset expenses.  Going forward, if you need to enter the premises or have a question/need to speak with someone, please call 857-4285 and leave a message.  Your call will be returned as soon as is possible. 

Members who pay their membership fees through monthly deductions are asked to continue to do so.  This is the only revenue currently being received and expenses will continue to be incurred albeit at a greatly reduced rate.  A rebate to members will be offered in the form of a deduction from next year’s membership fees for those who paid their membership in full for the 2020-21 season.  Members who wish to support Curl Moncton will have the option of waiving the rebate at the time of registration.  

Curl Moncton Executive has been, and will continue, working closely with the City of Moncton with regard to our financial situation.  We recognize that there are still many unknowns with respect to the pandemic. At the next AGM, to take place in April, we will discuss the financial situation, the impact of the past year, and how we are forecasting the impact moving forward for our membership. Our goal, as has been the case since the beginning of the pandemic, is to be as thorough and transparent as possible and keep you all informed as to how we will all play a role in the short-term and long-term future of the club. As your Board, it is our responsibility to make decisions that ensure that our club remains healthy and viable in all areas.

We look forward to re-opening in the fall, hopefully following a successful rollout of the vaccine.   Please email the office if you have any questions.  

Stay safe and stay well.